The Women’s Winter Long Sleeve Base Layer is designed to increase warmth and breathability on wintry rides. Sitting next to skin and worn under your jacket as part of a layering system, the winter base layer uses Polartec® Alpha™ on the interior layer and Polartec® Powergrid™ Fleece on the exterior to offer the best thermal protection.
Ergonomically designed to sit close to skin, with a lightweight, low bulk construction the combination of Polartec® fabrics ensure warmth is maintained when temperatures dip into negative numbers while keeping bulk to a minimum.
Polartec® Alpha™ was developed for the U.S. special forces to regulate comfort in changing conditions. Requiring consistent warmth and breathability in extreme temperature variations without the need to remove layers. These qualities are closely aligned to those of a cyclist in the colder months.
Polartec® Powergrid™ is a patented grid construction knit that increases warmth and breathability, while also reducing fabric mass.
"In deep winter having a base layer that reacts to a wide range of temperatures is key, regulating your temperature to keep you on the limit. The addition of Polartec fabrics means not only does this base deliver warmth, it does it with minimal bulk."
- Close aerodynamic fit
- Lightweight, Low bulk Polartec® fabrics
- Suited to temperature range -5 to 5C
- Wicks moisture effectively away from the skin
- Made in Italy
- Polartec® Alpha™
- 100% Recycled Polyester
- Polartec® Powergrid™
- 88% Polyester
- 12% Elastane
- Machine Wash at 30°C / 86°F
- Do not use fabric conditioner
- Dry flat, do not tumble dry
- Do not bleach, iron or dry clean
- We'd also suggest turning inside out prior to washing and keeping them separate from other items by popping them into a mesh laundry bag