We've teamed up with our friends at Moor retreats to offer you and a friend the chance to win a long weekend of cycling in the heart of Devon this autumn.
Two places on a Moor Retreats luxury road cycling break in Devon, including…
- all meals, drink and sports nutrition;
- premium Country House accommodation with ensuite rooms set in acres of mature gardens in the heart of tranquil Devon;
- sports massage;
- full ride support on guided routes along the finest Devon roads;
- cycling specific yoga class;
- use of luxury facilities, including swimming pool, sauna, gym and games room (plus WIFI, so you’ll never miss a Strava upload);
Both riders will also receive…
- Cycling kit from Le Col
- Luxury Factor Bike, with Di2 gearing and Black Inc carbon wheels, to use for the whole weekend
- Full Rider Gift Set from VeloSkin (including Chamois Cream, Soothing Gel, Shave Cream, Post Shave Balm, Moisturiser and Exfoliant Scrub, worth £95 each)
- A Sports Nutrition Starter Pack from OTE
ABOUT THE DEVON AREA
Devon can be a ‘Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing’. Its beauty is balanced by hills which rollercoaster into one another and persistent changes in gradient which can make it difficult to find a smooth rhythm. Clothing needs to perform perfectly in sync with your movements to deal with many shifts in body angle, to deal with the necessity of constantly jumping in and out of the saddle and to deal with the conditions. Devon is an exposed county and takes most of our prevailing weather on the chin. It can be gloriously warm and it can be ferociously wild, making clothing comfort an absolute prerequisite ingredient for an enjoyable day in the saddle. And then there’s the icing on the cake – the fact that Yanto Barker, founder of Le Col, grew up riding in Devon, on the same roads that you will get to experience for yourself. It’s like, in some way, Devon can take some reflected glory for the advanced clothing which ultimately Yanto has gone on to create.
Devon is extraordinarily diverse. Lush rolling countryside punctuated by two bulbous National Parks, a wildly jagged north coast, battered by the Atlantic and extreme tidal surges of the Bristol Channel is complemented by a south coast of endless sand and pebble beaches and more miles of road than any other county. The result is a beautiful labyrinthine network of routes of almost infinite possibility. But don't be fooled, for the charm of the landscape only acts to soften the blow of the hills which rollercoaster into each other. The beauty of ever-changing light and stark contrast of the seasons belie the effort required to tackle it. But this makes the challenge evermore satisfying. This stunning arena delivers a natural hit of stimulation to the senses like a double espresso.
Devon offers the perfect training environment and if you want to put some tough miles in your legs it's easy to score chunky elevation gain. But it's so much more than that. It's a fully immersive experience, more subtle than a slap-you-in-the-face Alpine Col. It's gliding along a silent country lane, past dry stone walls and feeling the cooling impact of a light morning mist. It's passing lazing indifferent moorland animals, chocolate box villages and appreciating every contour of a road laid ribbon-like across the land with scant regard for the easiest way. It's coming indoors after a day on the bike and feeling the satisfying warmth on faces left open to the elements.
COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- To enter this competition you must be a resident in the UK or Ireland and be aged 18 years or over at the time of entering.
- No purchase necessary.
- The competition is not open to employees (or immediate family members of) Moor Retreats, Le Col or any of the partner or affiliate brands involved, including OTE, VeloSkin and Factor Bikes.
- Entry is based on the email address provided and can therefore only be used once. To enter more than once, you need to tell your friends to enter as well.
- The closing date is Wedneday 16th August
- No part of the prize can be exchanged for cash or any other prize.
- Country House Retreat is being held on September 8-11th. In the event that the winners are not able to attend that dates in 2017 they will be offered and reserved a place in a Retreat of their choice in 2018 when the dates are announced.
- In the event of a Retreat being cancelled for reasons out of our control (e.g. weather), the winners will be offered alternative dates.
- In the event that the winners fail to show up at their chosen Retreat without giving notice the prize will be forfeited and no alternatives offered.
- Cost of travel to the Retreat is not included in the prize.
- The prize will not be transferable to another person or persons.
- Winners will be chosen at random and notified within 48 hours of the competition closing date using the email address provided when entering. Failure to respond with 48 hours will result in the prize being forfeited and another winner being chosen.
- Accommodation is based on two people sharing a twin room.
- One winner will be chosen and it will be up to them to choose a friend or cycling mate to fill the second place.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed or corrupted, or due to computer error in transit.
- The competition may be modified or withdrawn at any time
- The decision of the judges is considered final based on the criteria set out in this competition and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision.
- By entering the competition you agree that you are happy to be contacted in the future by the brands involved – namely limited to Veloskin, OTE, Le Col and Moor Retreats