The fight for the most coveted jersey in road cycling takes place in Flanders this year, marking the 100th edition of the Road World Championships in a historic place. Not just historic for the prestigious races held on its soil, but also for the caliber of riders that Belgium has produced over the years. One such rider is Johan Museeuw, one of the finest Classics riders the cycling world has ever seen.
With three Paris-Roubaix and Ronde van Vlaanderen titles to his name, Museeuw was crowned world champion in 1996 to round out a stellar year for him and his team, Mapei. Taking inspiration from previous kits, we've collaborated with Museeuw to reimagine his team's iconic jersey design from that magical year, and combined it with the modern fabric technology of the Le Col Pro Aero jersey.
Constructed from air tripping fabric, this wind tunnel tested jersey is perfect for those who aim to ride as fast as Museeuw did on his way to winning the rainbow bands in 1996.
NB: This product is an extremely aero fit, we recommend sizing up.
"What better way to pay tribute to a legend than by updating a classic jersey with our cutting edge materials. An iconic livery now complemented with aerodynamic fabric for a pro fit."
- WindTunnel tested and developed
- Classic Mapei team jersey design
- Air tripping fabric on front and sleeves
- Debossed Logo on Front and Back
- New Gripper on hemline Laser-cut reflective tabs on back
- Rubberised Le Col Tab on back
- 80% Nylon
- 20% Elastane
- Machine Wash at 30°C / 86°F
- Do not use fabric conditioner
- Close all zippers/velcro fastenings
- Dry flat, do not tumble dry
- Do not bleach, iron or dry clean
- We'd also suggest turning inside out prior to washing and keeping them separate from other items by popping them into a mesh laundry bag