Head Office – Shepherd’s Bush, London
Le Col is looking for a Social Media and Content Executive to join our marketing team. You will be responsible for accelerating our existing Social Media strategies as well as planning, curating and creating engaging content for the Le Col community. You should have a passion for understanding and maximising brand impact through social media channels, a love of cycling as well as experience in writing longer forms of content, for example – e-mail newsletters, blogs and website copy.
This is an exciting opportunity for a cycling enthusiast to match a love of the sport with a passion for social media in a fast growing company where enthusiasm and creativity are rewarded with responsibility.
About The Job
The successful candidate will manage our social media channels, content output as well as contributing to PR campaigns. You will help design, deliver and monitor all social campaigns maintaining a great level of engagement with our followers, and increasing awareness of the brand among the wider cycling community.
You should be confident in researching and analysing social media trends, including social media ad revenue and web visitor stats, and using these to drive campaign efficiency and inform future campaign planning. You should have a good grasp of tone of voice, and a clear understanding of our desired customer base.
You will also help to publish content across www.lecol.cc, writing copy, helping with design and building of webpages.
Key responsibilities include:
Contribute and implement Le Col’s digital content calendar, publishing across all relevant digital platforms; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Strava, Mailchimp etc.
Monitor engagement levels on social media, making sure all interactions the customer has with the brand on these channels is positive.
Digital copywriting for newsletters, stories on lecol.cc and campaign landing pages, as well as social specific copy.
Developing key relationships with Le Col’s partners to activate sponsorships across our professional teams and commercial partners.
Day to day running of Le Col’s ambassador programme, speaking with Le Col’s sponsored athletes to find content opportunities and create dynamic multi-media content.
Support the Marketing Manager and Marketing Director in making sure that content output is aligned with the wider marketing plan.
Generate monthly reports on engagement and follower growth across all platforms and share these with the wider team.
Provide analysis of what's working and what's not working and feed that back to the wider team to influence the marketing plan.
Come up with ideas for, research and write longform content pieces, for inclusion on the website and in customer newsletters.
Propose and organise posts within that calendar to support an “always-on” activation approach.
Work with our graphic designer to deliver a rich stream of original visual posts.
Engage with, and think about way to activate sponsored teams to drive online advocacy for the programme.
Liaise with and source influencers, and work with them on an ongoing basis to generate content across their platforms and ours.
Attend regional events and be our ‘person on the ground’ to deliver live content.
Who you are
- You live and breathe cycling, and have a huge passion for the sport.
- Ideally two years relevant experience as a Social Media Executive or in a similar role.
- You have experience in building and presenting social content strategies.
- Experience in writing social media reports across BAU and campaigns.
- An enthusiasm for social and digital trends and culture.
- A fast and proactive learner.
- An understanding of audiences, what makes them tick and how to create them.
- Able to work under pressure, to work independently, and manage multiple projects.
- Excellent English writing skills are essential (previous experience in content for social media and web channels or websites desired).
- Experience in management of social media channels, especially Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, and demonstrate a deep understanding of the features and functions of these channels.
- Be experienced in, and a user of Strava.
- Have a wider knowledge of other platforms such as Shopify, LinkedIn, YouTube and Vimeo.
- Strong organisational skills and problem-solving capabilities.
- A team player, with the ability work with a large team of different people in various roles on a day-to-day basis.
Up to £24,000 per year DOE
9:00am - 5:30pm Monday to Friday
25 days paid holiday + Bank Holidays
Please submit a CV and cover letter to Henry Nixon (email@example.com)