The Le Col x McLaren Project Aero Speedsuit has been co-developed alongside McLaren’s Aero experts to reduce drag, testing faster than many world tour skinsuits in a wind tunnel environment. Constructed and technically mapped to match the contours of the rider in aggressive positions, this speedsuit blends Elite Italian Tripping fabrics, textured with dimples and dual densities over the arm to break up airflow at the leading edge and manage it’s flow around the body.
Independently tested and approved by McLaren’s experts, this speedsuit has been refined down to the detail. Equipped with a low profile race radio pocket and two profiled aero pockets for transporting nutrition and fuelling your flat out efforts. Compressively mapped for an exact fit on the bike, the Le Col x McLaren Speedsuit uses a specific Le Col x McLaren chamois, placed for nose of the saddle efforts. A raw cut hem on the leg is held in place by internal silicone grippers to ensure a secure and metered fit throughout.
N.B: The Le Col x McLaren Speedsuit has been designed to be uncompromising in its fit, developed to sit tight and help hold you in an aerodynamic position. It’s important you not only choose the correct size, but assess the correct fit on delivery when in an aero position on your bike. We advise you to take care when putting the garments on, they are precision made for performance, designed to fit perfectly when riding your bike in an aggressive position so will require flexibility when pulling over your shoulders. We advise only wearing the suit while riding and minimise time walking or standing tall as this will put unnecessary stress across the garment. This is a race focussed product and sizing is tight and compressive, if between sizes, we advise you select the larger size.
**note this item is cut for a professional race fit. We recommend sizing up if you want a slightly more relaxed fit**
“Tested against Team Issue WorldTour kit at races, in the wind tunnel, and on the track. In every scenario, this kit has outperformed them all”
- Independently Tested and validated by McLaren
- Proven advantage over the world’s leading aero suits
- Low profile race radio pocket
- Elite Italian tripping fabrics on leading edge
- Mapped use of disruptive, layered fabrics manipulate three dimensional flow topology and reduce surface friction.
- Two low profile aero pockets
- Front covered zip for reduced drag
- Extremely tight and aggressive fit
- Lightweight and delicate materials
- Sublimated & debossed logos to maintain smooth aero profile
- McLaren x Le Col banding at the sleeve cuffs
- Le Col x McLaren Project Aero Chamois - cut and located for aggressive positions.
- Raw cut edge leg cuff with internal silicone strip for secure fit
- Tests 32s faster than world tour leading speedsuits over 40km at 300W.
- 6 Watts saving at 35KPH vs world tour leading skinsuits
- 10W savings at 35KPH vs best selling Aero SS Jersey
- Main body: 74% polyester 26% elastane
- Upper sleeve 86% Polyester 14% Elastane
- Engineered for an extremely tight and aggressive fit - size up if on threshold of sizes
- Delicate disruptive boundary materials require gentle manipulation into place
- Do not force kit when dressing.
- Machine Wash at 30°C / 86°F
- Do not use fabric conditioner
- Close all zippers/velcro fastenings
- Dry flat, do not tumble dry
- Do not bleach, iron or dry clean
- We'd also suggest turning inside out prior to washing and keeping them separate from other items by popping them into a mesh laundry bag