Coming Soon - July 2021. Uniting McLaren’s expertise with the technical composition and pro insight of Le Col, the Le Col x McLaren Project Aero Skinsuit is aero engineered to surpass the competition, delivering proven results, validated through the McLaren measurement process. Crafted using a blend of elite Italian tripping fabrics over the sleeves and leading edges, this Long Sleeve Skinsuits mapped use of disruptive, layered fabrics manipulate three dimensional flow topology and reduce surface friction so you can pass through the air faster.
Proven fast with a TT win at the WorldTour, the Le Col x McLaren Project Aero Skinsuit’s main body fabric is lightweight and breathable, and fiercely compressive to ensure a uniform fit in the most aggressive of aero positions. A front covered zip and low profile race radio pocket to the rear further reduce resistance and smooth airflow, whilst elastic banded long aero sleeves and a raw cut silicone leg gripper ensure fit remains secure and static.
Equipped with a race number pocket to ensure minimal disruption over the trailing edge of the skinsuit. Cut low at the front collar and closed by a covered front zip for the most effective aero performance - this skinsuit is fitted for an aggressive TT position.
N.B: The Le Col x McLaren Skinsuit has been designed to be uncompromising in its fit, developed to sit tight and help hold you in an aerodynamic position. It’s important you not only choose the correct size, but assess the correct fit on delivery when in an aero position on your bike. We advise you to take care when putting the garments on, they are precision made for performance, designed to fit perfectly when riding your bike in an aggressive position so will require flexibility when pulling over your shoulders. We advise only wearing the suit while riding and minimise time walking or standing tall as this will put unnecessary stress across the garment. This is a race focussed product and sizing is tight and compressive, if between sizes, we advise you select the larger size.
“Tested against Team Issue WorldTour kit at races, in the wind tunnel, and on the track. In every scenario, this kit has outperformed them all”
- Independently Tested and approved by McLaren
- Proven advantage over the world’s leading aero suits
- Low profile race radio pocket
- Elite Italian tripping fabrics on leading edge
- Strategic structured dimpled fabrics across shoulder blades
- Race number pocket for reduced drag
- Front covered zip for reduced drag
- Extremely tight and aggressive TT fit
- Lightweight and delicate materials
- Sublimated & debossed logos to maintain smooth aero profile
- McLaren x Le Col banding at the sleeve cuffs
- Le Col x McLaren Project Aero Chamois - cut and located for aggressive TT positions.
- Raw cut edge leg cuff with internal silicone strip for secure fit
- 9W savings at 50KMPH vs leading LS skinsuit
- Main body: 74% polyester 26% elastane
- Upper sleeve 86% Polyester 14% Elastane
- Engineered for an extremely tight and aggressive fit - size up if on threshold of sizes
- Delicate disruptive boundary materials require gentle manipulation into place
- Do not force kit when dressing.
- Machine Wash at 30°C / 86°F
- Do not use fabric conditioner
- Close all zippers/velcro fastenings
- Dry flat, do not tumble dry
- Do not bleach, iron or dry clean
- We'd also suggest turning inside out prior to washing and keeping them separate from other items by popping them into a mesh laundry bag